Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy birthday Angie

So hard to believe you are 29 today. Seems impossible that you were not an infant just weeks ago. Your childhood passed so fast and I hope that when you think about all the fun times we had you smile.
I hope you remember the silly times that we sang songs and like when we sang Gummy bears so loudly and badly that the cat would come running.

I hope you remember the walks to the school and the parade we made on our way to do our laps. I hope you remember the bedtime readings we did so that you would love reading and adventures all your life.
I hope you remember the pond and the quiet times spent there. The library we called your room. With all your alphabetized books standing in a row.
I hope you remember being loved. So very loved. I hope you rememeber how I would let you sit in my lap until we almost couldn't both fit in the chair. I hope you remember the bad times with a forgiving heart and know that I loved you even when I was not good for you.
I hope you know how many times I think of you everyday and know how much I love you how special you are to me and how Proud I am of you.
This birthday I give you the gift of memories, both good and bad and the love that went into each one and the tears that fell from love after I fussed or threatened you. No matter what happened I hope you always know how much you mean to me.
Angie I am proud to call you my daughter and proud that you are the awesome mother that you are. I am proud of everything you have done and I look forward to being proud of the rest of the accomplishments you have in your life.

Angie, Happy birthday Rorge. I love you!
Mama

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Angie. You don't remember me because you were just a baby the last time I saw you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Angie. You don't remember me because you were just a baby the last time I saw you. But your Mom has been one of my most cherised friends since I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaya!! Happy birthday Angie! That was Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete