Wednesday, November 11, 2009

NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month is here and I am 18000 words into my novel.http://www.nanowrimo.org/  The path has been fun so far, confusing yes of course, but fun and exciting. The first time I started writing I was not sure what the people in my story wanted to do. It seemed as if they wanted to just relax and not steer me in any logical  direction.

Finally one by one the characters started leading me into their private lives and their intentnios and after a bumpy start I was able to get a nice section started. Then lo and behold in walked a new character. I had not been warned that we were going to have such an awesome character drop in and make some changes and bring it all closer to my mind that I have basically 15 days to write until I get to my 50,000 words. Can I do it?  I think I can I think I can and with that I think I need to get back to writing. I have to get to 25000 words before the 15th. Don't worry I know I can do 25000. It is the other 25k I am a bit worried about.
So keep me in your thoughts and I will keep listening to the little quiet voices of the characters in my book and any unknown characters that have not show themselves to me.

This month is zooming past and I am trying to get as much written as possible so that I can do my final word count before the 30th of November.  this way if there is a discrepancy in the count I can address it.

No comments:

Post a Comment